Sunday, April 20, 2008

You Taunt Me . . . You Haunt Me . . .

I smelled your skin today

And it carried me away

To a time when you were mine

And all we did was play

I heard your voice just now

And I’m wondering just how

It still sings to those parts

The ones I disallow

I feel your touch always

It caresses and it sways

My soul into a dream

My heart into a maze

I see your face through tears

My strength just disappears

My will just falls apart

My vision never clears

I taste your lips they tickle

And cut just like a sickle

My seeping veins in two

My pulse slows to a trickle

7 comments:

Perception said...

Nathan,

I really don't know what to say to that...speechless....i felt your heart in your words...just...well...wow..

terri said...

wow nate...this is so beautiful. you're an amazing writer. i hear your heart here, peeking out from the place it's been buried lately. it's good to hear your voice.

Sarah said...

"my heart into a maze"--well, with that, my friend, you have articulated my heart for the past few days.

Your heart is beautiful here, bro.

christianne said...

i'm sorry, nate. that's about all i feel i can say in response to this: i'm sorry.

kirsten said...

feeling so deeply visceral, rooted & tangled in the heart.

love to you, nate.

dave said...

wow nate;

that's some heavy stuff. i think we've all been there at one time or another . . . beautiful writing.

peace bro . . .

the progeny said...

It's good to see you open up every once in a while....This was deep hommie. And I'm sorry...