Thursday, December 06, 2007

Help Me

Help me!

I’m shattered and broken,

Completely undone

My heart ripped asunder

By the one that I love

Like the scorching sun

On the morning mist

You vanquished our love

Seems that I don’t exist

Why should I be left alone?

To languish in this loss

When you promised you’d love me

No matter the cost;

But when it cost you you

You threw in the towel

Stuck in a hook

And ripped out my bowels

I’ve lost all my words

My tongue’s become dumb

The pain still persists

When I thought I’d be numb

I grope for some answer

That will banish my pain

I scrub at my heart

To erase all the stain

But your touch is implanted,

Indelibly deep

It leaves me a vacuum

Wholly incomplete

Hopeless, nothing, meaningless life

Beat on an anvil, gripped in a vice

Move on? To what?

I’m lost without you

Be strong! Don’t cry!

Two things I can’t do

Don’t worry; it’ll pass

Things will get better

Nice words you say

But my soul is still fettered

I love you; I need you;

I miss you; it’s true

I can’t get me back

I gave me to you

Help me!

6 comments:

the progeny said...

I feel you my dude....

Drea said...

This is so strong that the words make their own music as you read. Thanks for posting it, it means a lot to those who get to read it.

Clay said...

I think you've managed to create that wonderful type of writing that disappears as you read it and leaves nothing but the picture inside the words. I've always striven for it and you seem to get it without much effort, but I know the cost of such prose. It takes and confirms your life. It swallows you whole and infuses you with a longing that continues on even after nothing else exists. It demands so much...and yet it is the pinnacle of existence toward which we all strive. Welcome to the sisyphusian life of love. We can accompany each other on the way up and console one another on the way down.

Shriyaa said...

I emphathize, as i read.

But i know not,
why do most lovers end up in the same state?
why is it that they offer all that they've had and are left with nothing in the end but pain?
why is it that they have to under go one moment of ecstacy and the other moment of intense agony?

Is the feeling of love so Unrealistic?
Or is a Hallucination under which people lose their ability to fight and survive?

Your words forced me into my flashback... and it shuddered my soul.

Yet, i am happy i read it.
To make me realise, i am human, and pain is a part of our Existance.

Nathan said...

Shriyaa,

I'm grateful for your comments. Humanity is most definitely something we share. Remember, pain can't feel as bad as love can feel good. So there is hope.

Shriyaa said...

Indeed its my pleasure to share my thoughts with someone who can relate to them.

Remember, pain can't feel as bad as love can feel good. So there is hope.
I'd want to scribble these words over the crust of my heart and read them to myself whenever distress errupts from its core. It feels good. Hope seems Alive.

:)